Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Havok and Chaos

So, I mentioned that I had started a new campaign on this website I'm part of. It's just gotten off the ground a few days ago, and so far it's going well. The characters are already out of their cells and it's only been what, thirty seconds since the guard slipped and hit his head? They're very resourceful.

Which is encouraging, because I don't actually have a plot for this game beyond the first castle. I have a plot for some good guys to come chasing them after, but at the moment they have to make their own goals. Some players are good with this, some aren't. Many players simply wait for a prompt from the DM before they take *any* action, let alone one that progresses the story.

In Havok and Chaos, I'm going to have to get creative, because at least at first they won't have any NPCs friendly to them. I'll have to dig through the character's backgrounds, find their motives, and build their story around it. How exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment