Thursday, June 3, 2010

Blog? What Blog?

OKay, okay, I've fallen behind in posting. I know.

Recently, I've come to the realization that tinyworld is a good idea, but without having planned things out in advanced, the code is becoming more and more, well, dangerous. I love the progress I've made, but I think I'll leave it as it is, a super simple dungeon generator with a little dude to run around. If I ever want to build it again, which I'm sure I will, I will absolutely have to plan things out better in the future.

But, that's not the end of game projects from me. I'm still working slowly on Ronar, I've also been working on a choose-your-own-campaign The Genesis Gauntlet. It takes a few weeks for each adventure, then there's testing and playing, and finally release. Release, you say? Well, it's going to be run for Comminuty Supporters over on a website I'm part of, www.dndonlinegames.com

I've got another procedural game in the works, and I'll start talking about that shortly too. More pressing though, I'm starting up a Pathfinder Campaign.

I love what pathfinder's done to the OGL d20 system, and while the existance of the super-bard orginization reeks of product placement, the system is otherwise polished to a near mirror finish. Which is awesome. You'll be hearing more from me on that, too.

2 comments:

  1. It's nice to see that the classes are more balanced. Like the Cleric is capable of doing much more than CLW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, pathfinder's a lot more balanced. Clerics still get to be the party bandaids, but it's no longer at expense of doing anything else at lower levels.

    Likewise at high levels, fighters are no longer reliant on having high magical weapons to stay at par with wizards. good system.

    ReplyDelete