Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Back!

I've just returned from my recent vacaton, an it was good. But, this blog's not about my personal life, it's about gaming, really.

While I was on vacation, I started playing a DS game called Eterian Odessey. It's not procedurally generated, per-say, but it acts like it, which I find really interesting.

Basically, it's an isometric rpg where you go around and fight monsters, level up and your goal is to get to the bottom of the dungeon, exactly like the type of procedural game I'm working on now - except that in EO you've got a 3d view of the map in addition to the isometric view, except it doesn't do much other than give some nice extra visuals.

I find it particularly interesting as the game itself is the sort of thing I would want tinyworld to create. Ambitious sure, but not as much as it might be - I'm already generating dungeons as nice as sections of the map, I just need to make them more than a dozen rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment